Saturday 3 February 2007

The Leaf...


I uploaded another entry about the cathedral a minute ago but I've taken it down for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I don't want this blog to appear like an ad for the Durham tourism industry, the cathedral is beautiful and all and I personally love just looking at at when I walk past on my way to lectures but I don't want to be characterised as the person who always takes cathedral shots! Secondly, I'm not sure if the photo was worthy of merit in photography terms since I mainly put it up because it's a shot of a beautiful and magnificent structure. Anyways, I decided to replace that post with one of this leaf. I'm not sure if the softening is a bit much, I might re-do a version without so much softening, I just wanted to highlight the frailty of this little leaf that I saw. Everything else is dying around it but it's just carrying on, and doing quite well by the looks of things! I hope you enjoy this shot, please let me know what your thoughts are regarding the softening or any other aspect. I take it is a huge complement when other photographers take the time to comment on my photos, I truly value your opinion!

No comments: